A semester has gone by, since last release, with no big news on this front. Alas, on the verge of the coming one-dot-oh release of the mighty JACK Audio Connection Kit, here goes one fine update of its old and aged Qt GUI front-end:
QjackCtl 0.3.4 is out!
Nothing much new to see but you might welcome the patch-bay snapshot revamp, which might finally do the right thing, and the rand new translations that are getting in place: German (de), Spanish(es), French (fr) and Russian (ru). Many thanks to all involved.
With no further ado, the good stuff is ready from the usual places.
QjackCtl is free, open-source software, distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2 or later.
- Introducing the very first and complete translations in-package: German (de), Spanish (es), French (fr) and Russian (ru); credits in TRANSLATORS.
- At last, after years of retarded procrastination, the old infamous patchbay snapshot feature has been the subject of a almost complete rewrite and it does try to give a way better mapping of all actual and current running client/port connections, both JACK (audio, MIDI) and ALSA MIDI, of course ;)
- On Setup/Settings/Parameters dialog, all device selection options are now reset to default when disabled interactively.
- Grayed/disabled palette color group fix for dark color themes.
- Qt Software logo update.
- Fait-divers: desktop menu file touched to openSUSE conventions.
- ALSA PCM devices now only listed/enumerated iif strictly compliant with the audio mode criteria (Duplex, Capture-only or Playback-only) as kindly suggested by Nedko Ardaunov.
- JACK client/port aliases may now be displayed as a global user option (see Setup/Display/Connections/JACK client/port aliases).
- Lighten up the connections line and highlight colors, as seen to fit best on some darker background themes.
- Patchbay snapshot fixed to differentiate socket clients according to its type (Audio, MIDI or ALSA-Seq), avoiding the mess and gross mistake of hanging disparate type ports under the same client item.
- JACK_DEFAULT_SERVER environment variable is now appended to the X11 unique application identifier, allowing for having multiple instances each controlling its own JACK server, besides the default one.
- Due to some trouble with newer Qt >= 4.4 applications regarding font size configuration, a new global user option is now available to the rescue: Setup/Misc/Defaults/Base font size (default is no-op).
Cheers && Enjoy.