On the wrap of the late miniLAC2016@c-base.org Berlin (April 8-10), where this Yet Same Old Qstuff* (continued) workshop babbling of yours truly (slides, videos) was taken place.
There's really one (big) thing to keep in mind, as always: Qtractor is not, never was, meant to be a do-it-all monolith DAW. Quite frankly it isn't a pure modular model either. Maybe we can agree on calling it a hybrid perhaps? And still, all this time, it has been just truthful to its original mission statement--modulo some Qt major version numbers--nb. it started on Qt3 (2005-2007), then Qt4 (2008-2014), it is now Qt5, full throttle.
It must have been like start saying uh. this is probably the best dot or, if you rather call it that way, beta release of them all!
Qtractor 0.7.7 (haziest photon) is out!
Everybody is here compelled to update.
Leave no excuses behind.
As for the mission statement coined above, you know it's the same as ever was (and it now goes to eleven years in the making):
Qtractor is an audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer application written in C++ with the Qt framework. Target platform is Linux, where the Jack Audio Connection Kit (JACK) for audio and the Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA) for MIDI are the main infrastructures to evolve as a fairly-featured Linux desktop audio workstation GUI, specially dedicated to the personal home-studio.
- LV2 UI Touch feature/interface support added.
- MIDI aware plug-ins are now void from multiple or parallel instantiation.
- MIDI tracks and buses plug-in chains now honor the number of effective audio channels from the assigned audio output bus; dedicated audio output ports will keep default to the stereo two channels.
- Plug-in rescan option has been added to plug-ins selection dialog (yet another suggestion by Frank Neumann, thanks).
- Dropped the --enable-qt5 from configure as found redundant given that's the build default anyway (suggestion by Guido Scholz, thanks).
- Immediate visual sync has been added to main and MIDI clip editor thumb-views (a request by Frank Neumann, thanks).
- Fixed an old MIDI clip editor contents disappearing bug, which manifested when drawing free-hand (ie. Edit/Select Mode/Edit Draw is on) over and behind its start/beginning position (while in the lower view pane).
Wiki (on going, help wanted!):
Qtractor is free, open-source Linux Audio software, distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2 or later.
Enjoy && Have fun.