So it's last equinox'16...
And the ultimate last of the Qstuff* End of Summer'16 release parties.
Qtractor 0.7.9 (snobbier graviton) is now released!
- Audio/MIDI metronome anticipatory offset (NEW)
- Current clip highlighting (NEW)
- SFZ sample file archive/zip bundling (NEW)
- MIDI transpose Reverse tool (NEW)
- MIDI (N)RPN running status and NULL support (NEW)
- MIDI Controllers catch-up algorithm (FIX)
- MIDI track Instrument menu (FIX)
- JACK shutdown and buffer-size changes (FIX)
Enjoy && Have (lots of) fun.
Qtractor is an audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer application written in C++ with the Qt framework. Target platform is Linux, where the Jack Audio Connection Kit (JACK) for audio and the Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA) for MIDI are the main infrastructures to evolve as a fairly-featured Linux desktop audio workstation GUI, specially dedicated to the personal home-studio.
Wiki (help wanted!):
Qtractor is free, open-source Linux Audio software, distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2 or later.
And the boring complete change-log follows:
- JACK buffer-size change handling has been deeply improved, now doing an immediate session restart, while preserving all external connections as much as possible.
- Introducing an audio and MIDI metronome anticipatory offset, kind of latency compensation, to respective option settings cf. View/Options.../Audio, MIDI/Metronome/Offset (latency).
- Fixed LADSPA plug-in preset switching, incidentally broken as NOP, ever since late Haziest Photon's crash-landed.
- MIDI Track/Instrument cascading menus have been found empty broken on Qt5 builds, now fixed.
- MIDI RPN/NRPN running status and RPN NULL reset command are now supported (input only).
- Fixed a sure immediate crash on removing audio buses that are current targets of any active Aux-send inserts.
- Fixed yet another old bummer that was reaping off assigned MIDI controllers on existing track's gain/volume or panning controls, when adding any single new track.
- Fixed missing feedback on MIDI controllers assigned to any of monitor, record, mute and solo track/bus state buttons.
- Eye-candy warning: the current clip, not necessarily the one currently selected, is now highlighted with a solid outline; linked MIDI clips are also highlighted with an alternate dashed outline.
- SFZ file conversion, and bundling of the respective sample files, is now supported when saving as zip/archive (*.qtz).
- Fixed track monitor, record, mute and solo dangling states, on Track/Duplicate command.
- Slight regression on the LV2 State Files abstract/relative file-path mapping, trading QFileInfo::canonicalFilePath() for QFileInfo::absoluteFilePath(), and thus skipping all symlink dereferences in the process.
- Fixed a one first linking/ref-counting glitch, affecting recently recorded MIDI clips which might have their initial clip length still un-quantized to MIDI resolution (BBT).
- A brand new and discrete MIDI clip editor command tool has been added: MIDI Tools/Transpose/Reverse.
- Discretely fixed MIDI Controllers catch-up algorithm.
- Fixed a borderline mistake on plug-in parameter port index mapping to its corresponding symbolic name, especially if newer plug-in versions are loaded on older saved sessions.
Enjoy && Have (lots of) fun.