As an anticipated summer delight...
Qtractor 0.5.9 (juliet quebec) is now released!
- NSM support (NEW)
- Audio buses plugin state restoration (FIX)
- MIDI channel file merge/export (FIX)
- MIDI editor rescale mode (NEW)
- German translation (NEW)
Cheers && Enjoy.
Weblog (upstream support):
Qtractor is free, open-source software, distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2 or later.
- Auto-incremental version numbering of backup session files; brand new versioning mode option added.
- Fixed one long as ever MIDI file export bug, which was about washing all self-induced MIDI bank-select (CC#0, CC#32) and program-change (PC#) events into MIDI channel 1, regardless of the source track/channel.
- Fixed initial sample-rate settlement on plugin chains for all tracks and buses whenever a session file original sample-rate differs from the current audio device engine (ie. JACK).
- New German (de) translation added (by Guido Scholz, thanks).
- Now accepting JACK transport tempo and time-tignature changes while in slave transport mode.
- Fix ref-count and auto-removal of created files that result from clip merge/export when session is closed but not saved.
- MIDI track instrument bank/program selection, from plugin UIs that support it, is now effectively and complete.
- Custom connections for dedicated audio outputs from all plugin chains in MIDI tracks or buses are back in business, hopefully restored gain on session load (ticket by yuba, thanks).
- Track Properties dialog now dirty after any plugin related change (another head-up by yuba, thanks again).
- Tempo Map/Markers dialog is not set initially dirty anymore.
- Audio buses plugin state's persistence were found AWOL: while being properly saved as usual, were being restored to default on every session reload (as noticed by yuba, thanks).
- NSM (Non Session Management) support is being introduced.
- The MIDI clip editor (aka. piano-roll) gets a brand new rescale mode: ctrl+dragging the right edge of a note now rescales all times and duration of all the subsequent selected notes (after an interesting idea/ticket by Joel Leclerc, thanks).
- The new MIDI clip editor rescale mode also applicable to event values (eg. note velocities, pitch-bend), while ctrl+dragging the edges of an event vertical bar.
- VST plugin (GUI) idle timer makes a comeback.
- Hard-wired LV2 UI selection order for plugins which supply more than one option (lv2_external_ui gets always honored first then, as provided via libsuil, X11, GTK and last but not least, Qt4).
Have (lots of) fun.